Chinese SEO 2019 and Baidu SEO 2020
- On January 24, 2020
- Baidu SEO 2019, Baidu SEO 2020, China SEO 2019, China SEO 2020
2019 has already passed. We review the past year, as China’s largest search engine Baidu several important algorithm updates released in 2019. What do we expect from Chinese SEO towards 2020?
First glance at the important algorithm updates of Baidu in 2019:
- November 7: Drizzle algorithm upgrade to battle against low-quality content in the B2B field
- August 8: Beacon Algorithm 2.0 upgrade to battle against plagiarism
- May 22: Trade Wind algorithm to battle against page turning induction
- March 14: Fighting against cyber hijacking
- February 27: crackdown on illegal and other illegal information
- January 23: Fight against pornographic vulgar content
Through the list of algorithm upgrade, we have the picture of what Baidu did in the past 2019, as followings.
- Crack down on false, fraud, pornography and other information. Due to the shortage of Baidu technology, the screening of such bad information still needs manual inspection, which inevitably cause excessive punishment in many cases.
- Beacon algorithm and Trade Wind algorithm upgrade. These algorithm updates are mainly to clean up most spam websites in order to improve user experience.
- Baidu’s investment invitation caused turmoil. Driven by capital, Baidu launched “Love Purchasing Platform” to stir up the B2B market.
- Learn from Google, and list those answers to questions in the search results. This approach helps search users to find answers quickly.
We can expect that, Baidu will be remaining to crack down on sites that provide low-quality content to enhance users’ search experience. Because of the drastic changes in Baidu’s ranking algorithm, the affected websites involved almost all industries. Most keyword rankings change. This is both a challenge and an opportunity for us.
The lesson of Chinese SEO in 2019 is: take a long-term view of Chinese SEO, focus on your website content, and continue to provide high-quality content that pleases visitors.
In 2020, what trends will be in Chinese SEO? We give the following 4 trend judgments.
- AI and machine deep learning technologies will be more involved in search algorithms.
- Algorithm updates will continue to improve the user experience.
- Search indexing will include more local information, social feed, short videos, etc.
- Strict review and management of content forces websites to focus on providing high-quality content.
Continuously providing high-quality content is a common requirement from almost all search engines including Baidu and Googe. It is also the biggest challenge for all of our marketers in the future.