The Future of Search Advertising in China
- On January 16, 2024
- baidu search marketing, china search marketing
Search advertising stands to gain as Chinese advertisers seek new growth despite tightening budgets. Integrated marketing across platforms is key to uncover incremental needs and long-term expansion.
Industry data shows advertisers plan to increase search budgets in 2022. But priorities remain the overall traffic, diversion and conversion strengths of media platforms over specific ad types.
To demonstrate search value, platforms now offer technologies, data-driven strategies and success stories. Search must connect to content, services and marketing funnels beyond just keywords.
- Intelligent keyword expansion to accurately target and expand user groups
- Flexible ad formats beyond text to include images, video aligning with user preferences
- Predictive optimization to estimate performance and prompt campaign adjustments
- Tighter embedding in owned media properties to retain and convert their audiences
As a persisting consumer habit, search drives value in its ability to adapt with the digital marketplace. For advertisers and platforms alike, a search revival promises new revenue growth.
Brands need proven online growth levers amid challenging business climates. While search alone can’t revive past dominance, as part of data-driven integrated strategies, it can contribute greatly to incremental gains.