Huawei Launching its Search Engine
- On September 15, 2020
- huawei search
On September 10, 2020, the Huawei Developer Conference opened in Dongguan, Guangdong province of China.
At the meeting, Huawei announced the official release of the Huawei search engine. The search engine is mainly for Huawei mobile end users. Prior to this, Huawei has taken the lead in launching the online search service Petal Search in overseas markets to replace Google search.
In June 2020, Petal Search was launched on the App Gallery, mainly used to replace Google search. Petal Search is developed by Huawei, but the search content mainly comes from third-party partners, including Qwant, the largest search engine in Europe, and Yandex, the largest search engine in Russia.
It is reported that Huawei will fully open up the 5 major service engines of HMS to build a new HMS ecosystem. The five main service engines are: payment engine, advertising engine, browsing engine, map engine, and search engine.
Currently, Huawei mobile phone “Smart Search” can be searched in six categories.
- “Local” can search local contacts, text messages, memos, etc.
- “Comprehensive” means searching all categories, including news, videos, music, applications, etc.
- “Web” search is consistent with Baidu web pages.
- “Apps” specifically search for mobile apps.
- “Video” and “Music” search for “Huawei Video” and “Huawei Music” respectively.