SEO Strategy That Works in China Search World
- On July 20, 2021
- SEO strategy
In the early days of China SEO, if you consistently produce good content and follow some basic China SEO optimization principles, then you are likely to rank on the search engine results page (SERP).
Why? Chinese search engine optimization (SEO) competition is relatively weak.
Since then, millions of companies have started to use Chinese SEO, and SEO competition has become fierce. This reality, coupled with the emergence of artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, and ever-changing algorithms, now makes it difficult for websites to rank on the homepage of search engines.
75% of web users never exceed search terms beyond the first page of search results. This means that if you do not rank in the top 10 organic search results for targeted Chinese keywords on search engines, your website is basically invisible to potential customers.
Despite the challenges, we provide China SEO strategies to help most B2B companies maximize their search marketing effectiveness.
Tips for China SEO to win fast
In terms of site visibility and performance, there are many SEO techniques that will allow you to “win quickly”:
- Analyze which Chinese keywords your website has ranked the highest, and focus on improving these Chinese keywords. Compared with strictly focusing all work on the ranking of new keywords, you may find that keyword optimization brings faster SEO improvements.
- Analyze the search results of target Chinese keywords to understand what Baidu tends to provide for these keywords. If Baidu prioritizes content that is different from yours, it may not be able to rank keywords. For example, you may want to rank for certain types of manufacturing occupational keywords in your location, but Baidu ranks recruitment sites that list these career opportunities, then you can give up such keywords.
- Encourage more website visits by adding H2 and H3 tags to the article. This simple optimization strategy alone can increase traffic, sharing and backlink performance by 36%.
- Create long-form content from existing content. Content updates that follow the best China SEO strategies can greatly affect the results of SERPs, and the goal is the first page.
- Organize your content into topic clusters to help enhance search “signals.” In other words, divide the content into different categories, and then combine them through the central pillar page and hyperlink structure to provide a category library that contains more comprehensive information. Search engines generally prefer this type of integrated approach, which will increase the overall visibility of all content in the topic cluster.
- Analyze the URL. The rules for URL structure have been changed to include Chinese keywords specifically for China SEO. Take advantage of this quick advantage by updating your URL to include relevant Chinese keywords.
- Review backlinks, errors and overall site health. Quarterly or annual website reviews have many benefits, and this is probably the most valuable of SEO techniques. First, audits can help you identify and fix errors that may cost your company’s valuable SERP rankings. In addition, it can also ensure that your user experience (UX) is instant. This is the key if you want to reduce the bounce rate of visitors to your website.
Use topic groups and competitive research in keyword discovery
There are no strict rules for conducting keyword research, but there are some basic ways to find phrases that ideal buyers are most likely to enter into search engines. Some companies put too much emphasis on a single high-value keyword, but the page can also rank for multiple Chinese keywords and long tail form. Remember, if the traffic is mainly visitors, and these visitors are probably just looking for information, rather than becoming potential customers, then simple keywords with high search volume may not be of much value.
Focusing on larger keyword clusters is a good idea that can provide many answers related to the central topic and make visitors stay on your website longer. This is a virtuous circle, because increasing the time on page will also further improve your SERP ranking.
Have you researched the keywords used by your competitors? Your China SEO competitors are a gold mine of keyword discovery.
Search intent (also called user intent) is important. It defines the purpose of each search query. Therefore, the results of SERP determine your actual SEO competition, because the main goal of search engines is to understand and satisfy search intent.
Regularly review and optimize your China SEO content
With the continuous development of China SEO strategies, you cannot take a “one-and-for-all” approach to content. It is important to review your content objectively on a regular basis to determine how to optimize it. You can perform one of the following four actions:
Keep it. If your content is running well and generating traffic, don’t fix the undamaged content. Content that is still relevant to your target audience, links from other high-weight domains, or content that does a relatively good job in acquiring traffic, except for occasional checks to ensure that the information is still up-to-date, almost no adjustments are required.
- Consolidate it. Your content may contain links to it, but there is still not a lot of traffic or conversions. Maybe you accidentally included the topic in multiple content in a short period of time, or its relevance to the target audience is not high. Consider merging similar content to create a single, longer SEO-friendly version to make proper use of Chinese keywords and Chinese keyword phrases. Compared with articles of average length (901-1200 words), long articles (with more than 3,000 words of content) receive a three-fold increase in traffic, a four-fold increase in sharing, and a 3.5-fold increase in backlinks.
- Improve it. There are two ways to view content that needs improvement: content that is relevant and has good traffic but does not convert well, and content that has a high conversion rate but does not necessarily get a lot of traffic. In both cases, look for opportunities to improve SERP ranking and customer conversion by checking Chinese keywords, adding content and links, and reconsidering titles and meta descriptions. Titles are particularly worthy of attention because they provide “bait” for clicks and can quickly answer why the article is consistent with the search intent and results.
- Remove it. If your content cannot be executed at any level, is severely outdated or needs to be completely rewritten, it is best to remove it from the site. Old, irrelevant content may reduce the overall weight of the site and eat up the crawling budget, thereby making your site go backwards. In Langzhichao, we have thousands of websites to manage. We constantly filter in the articles and weed out some old content that is no longer relevant or that may actually be updated on the topic and compete with the latest resources. Just make sure to set the 301 redirect to a newer article to make sure that if someone stumbles on outdated content in the SERP, they will still find what they need when they click. This is the key to creating 404 links without damaging SEO.
Checking these best strategies can highlight the essential facts in China SEO, but to achieve good results, it takes time, regular and quantitative work. China SEO has more principles and strategies than ever before, and it can be overwhelming.