Those Factors Impacting The Baidu Index
- On March 30, 2022
- Baidu index, baidu index factors
Baidu Index is a data analysis tool, equivelent to Google Trends, based on the search behavior of its users. On the one hand, it can analyze the keyword search trends, on the other hand, it can deeply dig out the data characteristics of public opinion information, market demand, user portraits and other aspects.
According to the official Baidu Index, the Baidu Index reflects the active search needs of Internet users. All activities that affect the search behavior of net users may affect the Baidu index. You can use Baidu marketing products and other marketing activities more effectively to increase your brand and product’s popularity and purchase demand among net users, thereby increasing the net users’ search index for your brand and products.
What are the factors that impact the Baidu index?
1, User Search Behavior
a. Scale of search engine users
As of June 2019, China’s search engine users reached 695 million. Compared with the end of 2018, it increased by 13.38 million, and the half-year growth rate was 2.0%. The search engine utilization rate was 81.3%, a decrease of 0.9% from the end of 2018. The number of mobile search engine users reached 662 million, accounting for 78.2% of mobile Internet users, down 1.8% from the end of 2018.
b. Age structure of search engine users
Middle-aged and young people are the main user groups of search engines. Users under 50 accounted for 90.3% of the total users of search engines. Compared with the search for news and entertainment content, search engines are more used in professional scenarios such as work, study, and medical / legal inquiries. This shows that the tool attributes of the application are stronger than the entertainment attributes. At present, search engines have become an important tool for netizens to query professional information.
c. Mobile browser penetration rate
Among the three main types of mobile search engine entry, the proportion of users who use search engines through browser applications 4 is the highest, reaching 74.1%. The number of users who use the mobile phone’s own browser 5 to log in to the search engine ranked second, at 72.1%. The proportion of users who use mobile phone applications for search engines 6 is the lowest, but it also reaches 66.8%. The browser is the main entrance to the mobile terminal to use search engine services. Among users who use search engines through mobile browser applications, the penetration rate of QQ browser and UC browser is significantly higher than other brands, reaching 56.9% and 46.7%, respectively, while the penetration rate of other brand browsers does not exceed 30% .
According to the analysis of the research report on the use of search engines by Chinese net users in 2019:
1. Search user behavior shifts from PC search to mobile.
2. The search engine is an important tool for netizens to query professional information.
3. There are many search entries on mobile phone browsers, and the most are QQ browsers.
2, Online News
a. News headlines
News headlines provide related news on the corresponding date to help users understand related news hotspots. With hot news articles, the Baidu index peaked accordingly. It can be concluded that news headlines will promote the rise of Baidu index to a certain extent.
b. Information Index
The information index is based on Baidu’s intelligent distribution and recommendation content data, and weights and sums the number of Internet users’ reading, commenting, forwarding, likes, and dislikes to obtain the information index. News headlines and information index will promote the rise of Baidu index to a certain extent.
c. Baidu marketing products and marketing activities
- Keywords: related keywords help you understand the focus of Internet users on a certain information and product service information. For example, popular words for “training” include “course”, “institution”, “teacher” and so on.
- Platform factors: driven by commercial interests, various social platforms and e-commerce platforms will affect user behavior to a certain extent.
How to improve Baidu index?
- In combination with online hotspots, increase the Baidu index of brand words through brand promotion and search in news;
- Buy more keywords, including industry words, and increase brand word exposure;
- Combine Baidu Know, Baijiahao and other products to enhance brand reputation and guide search;
- Publish news soft articles to precise people;
- Monthly online activities to enhance brand awareness.
Based on the Baidu index, we can roughly understand the search interest of keywords, and then analyze the user behavior, user needs, user portraits, etc. of a series of search products, industries, events, etc. behind the keywords. However, the data of the Baidu Index popular version is relatively macro, and the search trend is only based on the user’s search behavior in the Baidu search box. If you want to understand the reasons behind the behavior and the factors of data changes in a deeper level, you need more comprehensive data sources and More elaborate statistical analysis of data.